Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Inception of Madwoman!


Welcome to Madwoman. As a technophobe, I'm quite proud of my temerity in trying to set up this blog myself. To introduce myself, I am a 28 year old high school teacher dropout. Well, not completely a dropout. I quit teaching a year ago after suffering for two years as a high school Latin teacher traveling between two schools. This past year I've been...well....exploring different options for the future. Last spring, on a whim, I applied for a Masters in Library and Information Science program and was accepted. So it looks like librarianship may be in my future. (A questionable profession for one who is a self-admitted technophobe.) But in the meantime, I'll be teaching Latin part time at a local high school - a teaching gig I am far more excited about. Staying in the same classroom, not having multiple levals of Latin in one class, working as a substitute librarian at the local libraries - the future looks bright!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just commenting on my own post to see if it works. Hope it will!!

8/07/2005 7:51 PM  
Blogger jana said...

Welcome to cyberspace Caroline! I look forward to reading more of your posts soon :)

8/12/2005 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. It must have taken a lot of work to get here. Good luck in the future.

CG

9/16/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks, CG. Actually it wasn't all that bad. A couple of hours maybe since I'm just using a blog template. You should think of starting one yourself :)

9/16/2005 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home