Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Calling: Part Deux


The plot thickens. As I said before, I emailed the bish and told him I'd take the library calling, but also wrote a nice paragragh about how in the future, I hoped I would get a calling in which I could use some of my skills and really help people.

Not 24 hours later, I got a cryptic call from a certain RS person telling me that the bish wanted my help on a "special project." I asked if this had to do with working in the library, and she quickly assured me that it had nothing to do with that. She was calling to tell me that she hoped I would really consider helping with this project. Of course, she didn't tell me what this project is.

So now I'm awaiting further contact from the bish. Hmmmm. Interesting. Clearly my email has affected something. It's actually kind of nice to know that they are trying so hard to make me feel needed.

2 Comments:

Blogger NFlanders said...

That's very encouraging. I'm genuinely surprised that they took your suggestion seriously.

12/20/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Me too. I thought he was going to ignore the email.

My husband had tithing settlement a couple nights ago, and he and the bish discussed me and my issues. Mike thought he was very sincere in his concern, so that's encouraging also. (Though it's weird to think of them discussing me without me being there.) Am I alone in wishing that people would just ask me about me rather than ask others about me?

12/22/2005 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home