Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Friday, December 08, 2006

Mike is funny

1. Yesterday, Mike decided he deserved the indulgence of a taco bell run for lunch, and asked me if I wanted anything. I replied "2 tacos, no lettuce, and a small diet coke." Mike's face scrunched up, and he started to complain about the diet coke, saying did I realize that a $1.50 coke was a 500% markup from a can of coke purchased at Costco. He perservered for a while, but I was adament that I love my fountain drinks.

Mike grudgingly in the end decided to buy my diet coke for me. Unfortunately, however, he pulled away from the drive thru window before the lady could hand it to him. By the time he remembered his $1.50 that was so frivolously spent, it was too late to return for it. Hah!

2. We took Evan for his 4 month old checkup yesterday. The doctor told us it was time to start him on rice cereal. Mike replied, 'ok, so we start feeding him Rice Crispies...." The doctor got a good chuckle out of that one and says that she's going to put that in a book someday. I giggled all the way out to our car.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I said it was 200% more expensive than a diet coke from Costco, not 500%. Second of all, the Costco reference is to the case of Diet Cokes we purchased that is sitting in our garage. Why spend way too much for something that we already have in the garage? All you had to do was pop open a can and we'd save money. Somebody back me up here!

I think I later figured that it was probably closer to 400% more expensive. My guess is that a Costco case divided by the number of cans is probably more like 25 cents.

This is what happens when you marry an economist...

12/09/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

ha. it's true; the costco soda is *much* cheaper. but fountain soda just tastes so good. it's different. unless of course the syrup has run out; then fountain soda is nasty.

and i think it's hilarious that you finally conceded and then drove off without it.

12/10/2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i should point out that taco bell doesn't carry Coke products, they carry Pepsi products. and while i think a Coke isn't always money poorly spent, a Pepsi always is.

12/10/2006 10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seymour is correct, which, of course, adds to my point. Not only was it cheaper, it was also DC at home, which Caroline prefers to the Pepsi alternative.

12/12/2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I think fountain drinks tend to taste like chlorine.

2/05/2007 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home