Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Monday, July 02, 2007

I'm Worming!


Worm bin-ing, that is. Just rode over to Jana's on my electric bike and got some worms for their new home in my worm factory. Very exciting. Now all my kitchen scraps will go in my worm factory rather than into our land fills. And on top of that I'll have some fantastic fertilizer to use on my vegetable/herb garden.
Speaking of my food garden, this is what I've got going at the moment:
2 tomato plants
1 oregano
1 italian parsly
1 curley leaf parsley
1 chive
1 cilantro
2 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 yellow squash
1 zuchinni
6 lettuce
1 rasberry vine
1 grape vine
1 blueberry bush
1 lemon bush

4 Comments:

Blogger John White said...

Vermicomposting is sooooo cool!

7/03/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Update: I think I fried my worms today. When I lifted the lid, I saw very little worm movement. I'm very worried the majority did not survive today's baking in the sun.

How lame, to kill my worms within 24 hours of getting them.

7/03/2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

bummer. poor little wormies.

i take it the worms like the shade?

7/04/2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger John White said...

You might just spritz the top of the bin with water (not a lot). Worms tunnel down when it gets hot. They're probably ok.

7/04/2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home