Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Terrible Day

I've been really sick. I think I have the flu or some kind of nasty virus. Along with a high fever, I've got the chills, muscle weakness, aches all over my body, terrible cough and congestion, etc.

Today I got home from a school activity, sat on my kitchen floor to pet my dogs, turned the dog heater onto me full blast, and fell asleep on the kitchen floor for half an hour. Then mom got home with E, ending my interlude with the floor.

Mom then left E with me to run to the store for something. One of the longest 30 minutes of my life. I promptly staggered into the counter and knocked two glasses over which shattered. E was screaming by this point wanting to be picked up, but I had to try to sweep up the glass, even though I could barely had the strength to move around and bend over. By this time, I've had an emotional breakdown and am trying to stop crying. E spent the next 20 minutes screaming at me because I wouldn't pick him up (no strength).

By the time mom got home, E was in a terrible state. Mom had E sit next to me on the couch, but he was so angry he started hitting me and pulling my hair, which made me break down again. Mom at this point gets really mad at E and hauls him up to his crib for a 15 minute timeout, during which time he screams like someone's killing him.

Eventually E came down and was very sweet. He was still hiccouphing and sniffling, but was no longer violent.

I just got him to bed. Time for me to go too.

2 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

bummer. there's nothing worse than being sick and having to deal with stuff. any stuff. being sick makes everything harder.

hope you're feeling better soon.

3/09/2008 7:17 AM  
Blogger m.m. said...

oh no! if you need anything, we're close by :) hope you're feel better!

3/10/2008 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home