Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Paraphrased Conversation

(After a disagreement about how Mike doesn't want me to reveal private details of his life on my blog.)

Caroline: Am I allowed to write a post about how I'm not allowed to talk about you anymore on my blog?
Mike: That's not even true. You can mention me, but I'm not comfortable with you talking about things I consider private.
Caroline: Am I allowed to write a post about how you don't want to be mentioned in detail anymore on my blog?
Mike: I've never wanted to be mentioned in detail on your blog. That's not changed. And I've told you that many times.
Caroline: So am I allowed to write a post about how you don't want to be mentioned in detail and never wanted to be mentioned in detail on my blog?
Mike: Before you post it, let me know what you write.
Caroline: Ok, baby. I'm here to make you happy.
Mike: You're not here to make me happy. You're here to make me less upset. Ok. time for me to watch Burn Notice.

(After going over this post and having me change words here and there)

Mike: What's the difference between a sadist and a masochist?
Caroline: Sadist likes to inflict pain on others, masochist on themselves.
Mike: Well you're a sadist AND a masochist. You like to dig into the painful details of our lives. And besides that, you're an exhibitionist.
Caroline: This would make a great blog conversation.

5 Comments:

Blogger EmilyCC said...

This is a great blog conversation! It sounds like one Nate and I would have but with the genders reversed.

7/31/2008 11:33 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

Funny! Knew you were in trouble when it showed up on rss but not on the blog.

It's good to know what you're up against. I ended up going off the drugs because they caused such hormonal rage it didn't seem worth it to get pregnant if I was in the slammer for abusing the kids I do have.

Good luck.

8/01/2008 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!

I have conversations like this, too!

8/01/2008 5:08 AM  
Blogger AMY T said...

well, i did feel quite a bit less alone for those fleeting moment....

oh well, the same info is not on my blog for similar reasons.

8/02/2008 12:31 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Yup, Mike wasn't too thrilled with my previous post, though I thought I was being pretty vague and subtle. You have no idea how much info I really wanted to divulge.

My doctor won't even proscribe clomid (sp?), even though I've asked repeatedly. Good to be prepared for the hormonal rages though, if I ever do break her down.

Amy, you're definitely not alone. I know quite a few people who have infertility issues. So weird. We're not even that old!

8/02/2008 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home