Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mike Gets Tenure!

Great news. Finally, finally, we hear that Mike has received tenure. We're now in Irvine, in this house, for the rest of our lives (probably). We're dang lucky. Way to go, Mike!

To celebrate, we're watching Burn Notice (Mike's favorite show) and eating homemade salsa.

Mike was also wanting to make guac - here's a condensed version of the conversation we had when I got back from the store. I'm not capturing the humor here, but it was actually pretty funny.

Mike (disappointed): Umm, Care, you really don't know how to pick avocados, do you?
Caroline: Why, are they bad?
Mike: Well, they need to be riper and softer and the skin looks a little different.
Caroline: Oh, sorry. I don't know what I'm doing since I don't eat guac.

(A few minutes later)
Mike: Oh, I found the avocados you bought. Great!
Caroline (laughing): Mike did you think the mangoes on the counter were unripe avocados?
Mike: No, but I thought that you thought that the mangoes were avocados, and I didn't want to make you feel stupid, so I didn't say anything.

Mike's a sweetheart for trying to protect me from my own (supposed) ignorance. :)




5 Comments:

Blogger Bekah said...

Congrats Mike!! And that was a very funny story.

Jesse won't watch Burn Notice with me.

6/26/2009 7:42 AM  
Blogger Amberlynn said...

HILARIOUS! Will you start calling Mangos avocados now just for the fun of it?

6/26/2009 9:41 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hooray hooray! For tenure! For mangoes! For avocados! And for perceived ignorance!

Miss you terribly.

7/01/2009 9:34 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Yes, we're really relieved to finally know about the tenure. Thanks, everyone! And glad you liked my inadequate retelling of the avocado conversation.

Brooke, it sucks here without you!

7/03/2009 10:46 PM  
Blogger Dora said...

Hurray for the tenure, and to you all staying here!

7/03/2009 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home