Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Future Husbands

In the grand spirit of Mormon plural marriage, I've started to pick out my future husbands in the hereafter. My first husband, always foremost in my affections, a king among handmen, is Mike, of course. 

Husband number 2: This old guy named Val. I love him. Everytime I see him, he gives me a big hug with a complete lack of self-consciousness. (I'm really just an acquaintance.) He has a huge generosity of spirit and is so happy and friendly.

Husband number 3: Jerry Sanders, mayor of San Diego. This is a bit of a shocker because he's a Republican, but I fell in love with him during this YouTube clip.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOkwjQdm6Q . What a courageous and generous person. 

Husband number 4: William Wilburforce. So all I really know about him comes from the movie Amazing Grace, but I was extraordinarily moved (as depicted in the movie) by this man's tireless quest to abolish slavery in Britain. And by his love for animals - he started the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

What do all these men have in common? Compassion, courage in their convictions, and a huge generosity of spirit. All qualities I wish I could embody better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Hilarious post.

1/11/2009 8:41 PM  
Blogger Maria Martin said...

i would marry the ron kid from harry potter.

4/05/2009 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Greg said...

I'm hurt.

6/10/2009 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home