Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Friday, July 17, 2009

baby's almost here

I'm dilated to a 4.5 (at least) and the doctor said on Thursday that she doesn't know how the baby is still in there. Although my due date isn't until the 27th, I think I'll go into labor soon, but maybe that's just wishful thinking - after all, E was a week overdue.

Mike is convinced the baby's coming any hour now. He was reluctant to take E to L.A. today to play with his cousins. I, however, was encouraging him to go.

Me: Mike, I feel great. Never better. I'm sure I'll be fine. You go take E to L.A.
Mike: You're already a 4.5. You could go really fast. I might miss the birth if you go into labor and I'm in L.A.
Me: I am willing to risk you missing the birth of our child for a free 6 hours. Please, please take him away.

Turns out the cousins got into an accident on the way to L.A., so Mike didn't end up going. But I still got my free afternoon and evening- Mike took E over so I could get stuff done. I'm in an organizing craze right now. Nesting, Mike calls it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Caroline, I would love to see you in organizing mode. You MUST call or email me when you are in labor. If you have time that is. Can't wait!!!

7/19/2009 7:51 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Well, I thought I was in labor last night, but the contractions stopped when I lay down.

Basically, I have no idea what's going on. You'd think I would be able to figure out if I'm experiencing the onset of labor, but apparently not. :)

I'll keep you updated, Brooke! Particularly if the hospital has wi-fi. :)

7/20/2009 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home