Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Calling: Part 33 1/3


Well.... last Sunday the bish called me into his office and rescinded the library calling. He made it clear that he and his counselors felt good about the original calling, but my subsequent email and the fact the RS pres wanted me for something else prompted him to think that this new calling would be better for me. I am now one half of the compassionate service committee. I immediately accepted that, as it sounds much more meaningful to me than policing chalk for two hours a week. I really do hope there's more to the calling than arranging food for people.

I give the bish credit for clearly trying to make me happy in my calling and for having the courage to change his mind when it was clear I wasn't attitudinally suited for the library stuff. Good for him. Even though I have absolutely no relationship with him and I really don't know the first thing about him (and vice versa), I have a better opinion of him now.

2 Comments:

Blogger jana said...

Who's the other half?

Good luck with the new call! :)

Jana

1/17/2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I think it's Kaimi J. Thanks.... I'll probably pick your brain about it at some point.

1/17/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home