Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

More Than You Ever Wanted To Know....

four jobs I've had
neighborhood plant waterer for old ladies
Baskin Robbins ice cream girl
high school Latin teacher
extra help library assistant

four movies I can watch over and over
Pride & Predjudice (Colin Firth's a hottie)
Iron-Jawed Angels (great film on women's suffrage)
Persuasion (another Austen classic)
A Room with a View (who doesn't love the naked men pond scene? Do I sound like a pervert?)

four places I have lived
Browning Hall (Scripps College lovely dorm)
an ex convent (when I studied abroad in Rome
Koloniki Square (the most fashionable part of Athens)
Uniformity Hills....err I mean University Hills, Irvine

four TV shows I love
24 (I'm embarrassed about loving a show with excessive violence and torture, but hey, you love what you love)
King of the Hill (Bobby Hill's the best)
Lost (I got sucked in)
Seinfeld (forever a classic)

four places I have vacationed
cruise ship around the Mediterranean ( best vacation ever! I have never eaten so well...)
Jamaica (honeymoon)
Oaxaca, Mexico
the Little House odyssey (in which my mom and I drove to DeSmet S.D. to find the little town)

Four of my favorite dishes
Pizza! Pizza! (is pizza a dish?)
Chicken Mahkni (sorry chicken)
Chipotle carnitas burrito (sorry pig. Can you tell i'm a wannabe vegetarian?)
potato soup

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pride & Predjudice (Colin Firth's a hottie)

A Room with a View (who doesn't love the naked men pond scene? Do I sound like a pervert?)


Is a married woman allowed to say these things?

2/01/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger jana said...

The naked pond scene is the best part :) [Did I just say that?]

No, really, it's the scene with the Italian cart driver/picnic thing. Dora, if I am remembering correctly, met up with that same hot Italian cart driver on a trip to Italy (not so hot 10 yrs later, I think)....

2/01/2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Ahh, Mike, you know how I like to fantasize....

Dora really met up with a similar but not so hot cart driver? I'll have to ask her about that one.

2/01/2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

that cart driver was hot. very hot. but not as hot as george emerson, who will be the love of my life forever, i think.

and yes. the pond scene is a gem. especially since my parents are the ones that showed it to me. i think i could trace all of my left-leaning, anti-foundationalist tendencies to that viewing of _A Room with a View_ with my parents laughing about the hot naked men (except the priest, who is naked but not hot) running around the pond.

and colin firth--he's hot, too. i wonder if there's some correlation between pond scenes and hotness in male movie stars...

2/02/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow,
That's incredible, Deborah. Particularly about Persuasion since most people don't know/ weren't as impressed by that film. I think it's brilliant and subtle, and I like the fact that the actors look like normal people and not super models.

Great minds think alike!

2/04/2006 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home