Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, March 16, 2006

"God Says Yes To Me"

"God Says Yes To Me"
by Kaylin Haught

I asked God if it was ok to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was ok to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
you can do just exactly
what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it ok if I don't paragraph
my letters
Sweetcakes she said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Caroline,

Where did you find this? It is a gem!

3/17/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Someone posted it to a Mormon feminist list I'm on. I thought it was great too. I love the idea of a God who isn't there to judge or deny, but who is there to give us a warm hug and pat on the back and tell us we're doing great.

3/17/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Tigersue said...

I finally got you added to the LDS women's blog list, sorry it took so long, I thought I had already done it, and realized today that you were not there! DUHHH Me.

4/07/2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home