Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Monday, July 24, 2006

Life is Good Again

I'm so happy. We just got central air conditioning installed today. I've been miserable for the last month, escaping my intolerably hot house for hours at a time, driving aimlessly just so I could blast the AC in my car. As a nine months pregnant woman, I am about 20 degrees hotter than I ever have been before, and I feel I've been wasting time every day desperately searching for places with AC - time I should have spent organizing, prepping lessons, and getting ready for baby. I was so desperate to get this AC installed I told Mike that if I went into labor yesterday or today, his first priority would be to make sure that the AC people got everything installed. To hell with being there with me at the hospital.

I feel bad that I've given in to the craze for AC. (Sorry environment and energy conservation people.) If I weren't pregnant, I really think I could have endured it like I've endured every other summer here without it. But I just couldn't face the prospect of being trapped in my insufferably warm house through all of August with the baby.

Thank goodness my (hot) hell is over. Now I just need to get this baby out of me...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so desperate to get this AC installed I told Mike that if I went into labor yesterday or today, his first priority would be to make sure that the AC people got everything installed. To hell with being there with me at the hospital.

I don't remember you using the word hell, but the rest is correct.

7/25/2006 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

July, in SoCal, in *THIS* July!

Good luck with everything. :)

7/26/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home