Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Talk on God's Love


Today I spoke in church on the love of God. This was a great topic because it is so broad that I was able to hit on all my favorite scripture stories.

My talk seemed to be well received. One old lady actually told me that it was the best talk she's ever heard in church. Whoohoo! That made me feel good.

I was going to post it here, but it's so huge that I think I'll post in in chunks over at Exponentblog.

I should mention that Mike has been a rock for the last few days. He threw his back out a few days ago and has been walking like an old man ever since. And even though he's so incapacitated, he kindly watched baby E all yesterday so I could finish up and polish my talk. And he even took him home teaching today because I wanted to go see the Orange County Women's Chorus right after church. They were fun, but I have to say that they were blown away by the stellar Gay Men's Chorus that also sang a few songs. I've never in my life heard such an awesome version of The Little Drummer Boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

damn it! i missed your talk! though i was asked to play for a special musical number in my own sacrament, which would have been a conflict.

i asked for a palm pilot for christmas. maybe once i have such a device i'll be able to keep my head screwed on straight and remember everything i want to do.

will you email it to me? i'd love to read it.

12/18/2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a terrific talk.

12/18/2006 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading bits and pieces of your talk on Exponent.

The Little Drummer Boy was my favorite piece from yesterday's concert, too, although I really enjoyed the soloist's beautiful performance of "Follow the Drinking Gourd."

12/18/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home