Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life of a Part time working mom

School started three weeks ago, so I'm back in the working world. And I must say I'm rather enjoying it.

In the mornings I hang out with baby E. We go to the gym, where he no longer throws embarrassing tantrums. Or I'll run errands with him. I've basically accepted the fact that he's just not going to take a morning nap.

Then I either get him to a babysitter or leave him with mom or Mike at about 11:30. I come home at 4:15ish and pretty quickly start cooking dinner. Evan has recently learned to feed himself with a fork a spoon, so he's enjoying his meals more than ever before. It's fun watching him chowing his food these days.

That means that my evenings are often spent lesson planning, but it's not too bad. I think I may, after 4 years of teaching, have finally begun to find my groove. I'm not as stressed as I used to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

i love it when life settles into a routine. not that i don't like my routine-breakers (i do); but i like the peace of the rhythm that comes with routine.

9/22/2007 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home