Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Monday, October 08, 2007

Conversation

Mike: How was Brooke's last night? You didn't get in until really late.
Me: It was fun. It was really cool to be around people that watch TV together, laugh together, enjoy each other's company...
Mike: Are you trying to tell me something?
Me: Yes.

The upshot: After some discussion of my perception of the crappiness of our marriage because we don't watch TV together, hang out together, or - let's face it - have much in common, Mike has agreed to watch The Office with me every week. He has also decided that we should try to have some kind of date night every week or two. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

if you ever need a sitter, just let me know. i've had lots of experience with little ones. and if you feel bad about strapping me with the beast, you could always put him to bed and then go out...it's what john and brooke tend to do. do please call if you need me.

10/09/2007 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that Mike wouldn't find the office funny. I would think that type of humor would be right up his alley.

10/09/2007 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home