Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Monday, November 26, 2007

Pathetic

Here's a pathetic image from Friday at 3:00 AM:

I am on the floor of the bathroom. I've been throwing up for half an hour, and am exhausted. Yet I know that if I return to bed, I'll just have to get up and retch again in a few minutes. So I curl up on the floor of the bathroom next to the toilet, and use a role of toilet paper for a pillow. Despite its "double quilted soft" qualities, it is surprisingly uncomfortable.

4 Comments:

Blogger John White said...

Maybe it's just my reader, but I'm not actually seeing an image. Oh, not the right time for a joke?

*sigh*

I've been there. Most recently due to jell-o shot experimentation.

11/27/2007 5:27 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Confession: As someone with a weak stomach all my life, I usually just grab a towel and use that as a pillow.

11/27/2007 7:46 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Ack! Just read Jana's post -- sounds like all the X2 gals are in need of some soup and R&R.

11/27/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Nice one, JW. :)

Sherpa, I'll keep that towel in mind for the next round.

D, At least my horrendous illness was pretty shortlived. I hope your whooping cough goes away soon.

11/28/2007 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home