Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I did not fall on my face

I just took the GRE this morning. Oh, the relief. This albatross that has been weighing me down all summer and preventing me from reading to prepare for the fall is finally gone.

And I did well! I got a 770 on the verbal and a 670 on the math. I'm relieved by the verbal score. On practice tests I got between 700 and 790 so that score pretty well reflects what I was capable of. But the math! Woohoo! On practice tests I got between 470 and 560. I never thought I'd break 600. I must be the best guesser in the world since I would say I guessed on 65% of the math questions.

Now I just have to wait to see how I did on the writing. I'm not too worried, as my abilities to B.S. have increased with age.

I'm done. I'm so happy.

10 Comments:

Blogger tFool said...

Do they not have a logic portion anymore? I always struggled with the verbal. In part my vocabulary wasn't that amazing and in part I think I saw analogies differently than a lot of people. (You know, a physicist's mind is generally a bit whacked.)

8/14/2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger tFool said...

Oh, I forgot the most important part. CONGRATULATIONS, I'm happy to hear you did so well.

8/14/2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks, tfool.

They did away with the logic section a few years ago. That's excellent for me, as I sucked at those little games.

8/14/2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger EmilyCC said...

Oh, man! I forgot about the math section. If I remember correctly, that's an awesome score. Congratulations!

8/14/2008 8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I took this twice last year! Well done! And yes, if you have a degree in BS like I do, you should get that glowing 6 in the mail soon!

What a load off!

8/14/2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

yay yay yay!

8/14/2008 9:43 PM  
Blogger JohnR said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your application process. :)

8/14/2008 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you're happy, so congratulations!! But what is the GRE?

8/15/2008 12:44 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks, everyone!

Jay, the GRE is the Graduate Record Exam - the exam you have to take if you want to apply to most grad schools.

8/15/2008 1:29 PM  
Blogger catbonny said...

Congrats.

The GRE was my biggest hurdle in applying to grad school and I literally wanted to dance in my seat when it showed me the score.

I bet you feel so much better, because I did, and I know how it feels.

Congrats on the great scroe.

8/19/2008 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home