Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Mundane Details of my Life

Ok people, stop subscribing to this blog. After a year long hiatus, I'm back and newly determined to post once in a while. But it will probably just be the mundane, the everyday, the boring. I'm just warning you. Have very low expectations.
The highlights of my last two weeks:
- baby is consistently calling me 'daddy'
- E has peed in his bed two nights in a row
- Mike and I both have had the stomach flu. At first I attributed my vomiting to our church's chili cookoff, but now I'm thinking that was an unfair assumption, given Mike's later problems.
- Evan on his way to a Pump it Up b-day party announced, "I've had a vision! It's a miracle, Mommy! I've seen Pump it Up, and it's blue!" (he was right - the place was blue)
-reading Widtsoe and Roberts. I'm sorry, but I can't take a man seriously if he was opposed to suffrage. I mean seriously. Opposed to suffrage? In the early 20th century? Come on! Even the vast majority of his religious cohorts thought suffrage was a good idea. Outrageous.
-baby has another ear infection -- this has to be number 7 or 8. Found this out after spending 2 1/2 unpleasant hours at an urgent care center on Sunday morning.
-living in fear about the upcoming papers I have due. How I will find the time to write these, I have no idea. Many, many babysitters, I'm thinking.

3 Comments:

Blogger EmilyCC said...

With all you've got going on, I'm not sure how mundane your life is right now :)

Good luck!

11/11/2010 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jessica Steed said...

I love this post! It's a nice format and it sums up your life well.

Great job, Caroline. You can do it, ear infections, peed beds, and all.

(the papers will require some babysitting) :)

11/16/2010 11:29 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks, Jessica and Emily!

11/16/2010 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home