Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Six Word Memoir




On NPR yesterday, I listened to a story about a six word memoir contest that is going on right now. Some of the ones mentioned on the radio were:


  • Fat fired lawyer loves three-legged cat.
  • Big hair, big heart, big hurry.
  • Never should have bought that ring.

So of course, Mike and I had to come up with some of our own memoirs. He came up with a fantastic one for me:

"Three degrees, one baby, still unsatisfied."

Perfect!

I also toyed around with something like this, 'Mormon feminist loves husband, hates patriarchy.'

The possibilities are endless...

4 Comments:

Blogger jana said...

Here's my cheater bio~
Two kids, two cats, two thousand books.

Somehow I'll have to come up with one that includes my spouse, too.

12/24/2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I thought of another one for you: "Married awesome guy. What else matters?"

Jana, you've got to keep it to six words!

12/26/2006 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can a number count as a word, as in "2 kids, 2 cats, 2000 books"? That is six words.....

Mine - number included - would probably be "23, pretending to be an adult." That pretty much sums up my life most of the time!

12/28/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks for contributing your memoirs, everyone!

12/30/2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home