Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Transformation


In a week, Mike and I are heading out to Sedona AZ. I picked that for our mini vacation because I wanted someplace beautiful. Someplace close to nature. Somewhere peaceful.


And a couple months down the road, I'll be heading to the Colorado mountains for the Mormon Women's Rocky Mountain Retreat. I was attracted to the idea of meeting some progressive Mormon women, but what really sold me was the scenery and hot springs.


I've come a long way. In the past I always gravitated towards big cities with lots of history and museums. Now all I want to do is be surrounded by the beauty of nature. I'm not sure what has inspired this transformation, but it seems to go hand in hand with some other interests that have cropped up. Buying organic local produce (and even eating vegetables!). Voting for leaders who will work to protect the environment. Eating less meat. Avidly recycling. Looking seriously into solar panels for my house. Seriously considering selling my newish gas guzzling sedan and buying a Prius.


I never thought of myself as the crunchy type. But I'm leaning there more and more...

2 Comments:

Blogger SoCalSingleMama said...

I love Sedona! I've been there several times only because my aunt an uncle live there (maybe you'll meet them - do you guys do church on vacations?).

I really like this hike.

This state park is really, cool, too.

I've never been there with a baby, though, so take my advice for what it is worth. I am sure you guys will have a great, relaxing time! Enjoy.

4/03/2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks, Elise! We'll try to check those out.

We actually plan to go to the Anglican church on Sunday. Should be fun and interesting since it's Easter.

We'll be baby-less, so we're going to play hard while we can.

4/05/2007 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home