Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Big Plans

I've been struck, maybe I'll even use the word inspired, by an idea recently.

I've become enamored of Speaking of Faith, NPR's fabulous show on religion and ethics, in which an interviewer asks prominent religious people about their faith journeys. I've also listened to a few Mormon Stories podcasts which follows the same basic format.

And I was struck a few days ago that I should do this - interview all the fascinating and thoughtful Mormons around me, particularly women, about their faith journeys. What a priceless thing that would be. I know that soon some of the women I love most will be moving away, and I want to have this record of them and all their divergent ideas. I'd love to continue doing this for a long time so that in the end, I would have hundreds of these interviews.

I need to talk to some techies about how to go about this....

2 Comments:

Blogger John White said...

That -is- a brilliant idea! And will you distribute it? I have an article on beginning podcasting around here somewhere.

Ooh, the gear you could buy! Ok, that's not what should be exciting me.

2/13/2007 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea. I've listened to almost all of the mormon stories podcasts, and some from other places. They are beautiful. What an amazing thing it would be to have more women's stories. I hope you find a way to share them.

Did you listen to any of the Anne Wilde podcasts? (I think that's her name). I was fascinated by listening to the fundamentalist point of view.

2/14/2007 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home