Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Short Shameful Confession

Sometimes at night, after Mike has gone to bed, I hold my beast in my arms, stare soulfully into my beast's eyes, and sing John Denver songs. Usually it's Annie's Song.

You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest, like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain...Come let me love you, let me give my life to you....

And then Eliza delicately sticks out her long pink tongue and licks my chin.

3 Comments:

Blogger jana said...

I did the John Denver songs, too! Also, Peter, Paul and Mary (my personal lullaby for CatGirl is composed to the tune of "Lemon Tree" but with my own words of love for her)

12/03/2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

eliza really is a beast. but i'm glad you love her. no little beasty deserves to be mistreated or to live in a pound. someone needed to love eliza enough to give her a home and croon john denver to her...

12/03/2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Seymour Glass said...

why is that a shameful confession? that's rad. if john denver could tame the muppets then he's up to the task with eliza.

12/05/2007 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home