Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm a sucker

Here I am in the early afternoon blogging. I should be teaching, but my horrid stomach flu has forced me to get a sub again.

So I sit here and check my email. And I find one from the Humane Society about the winners of a pet photo contest. Each one has a sentence or two about their pet. So many of these pets have been abandoned and abused, and now they are loved and helping their owners overcome depression or anxiety.

So like a sucker, I read these tributes and look at the pictures, and tears just roll down my face.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Faithful Dissident said...

Just wanted to say hi. I've enjoyed your postings and can relate to some of your thoughts.

I'm also the BIGGEST sucker when it comes to animals. My 4 cats are my kids and they are a huge part of my life.

I also enjoyed that HSUS photo contest.

Hope you'll find time to stop by my blog sometime. :)

5/04/2008 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home