Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Conversation

Me: Mike, you're the best husband ever.
Mike: Ok, what are you reading now....?
Me: It's this novel about a woman who finds out that her new husband is into the occult. And it turns out he's a murderer and a psychopath. You're looking really good to me right now.

(Mike and I sometimes joke that the glue that holds our marriage together is the fact that I often read these books that feature horrible, abusive husbands. After one of those books, I have such a huge feeling of relief that I'm married to Mike, so I am especially nice to him.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Bekah said...

had this same conversation w/ Jesse after finding out that an old friend's husband cheats on her. J wasn't sure if he should be flattered because he wasn't a jerk.

8/28/2008 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! Yeah, it can make you feel like that. Too bad for Other Half that I'm reading a book about a very sexy vampire who has all the good male qualities rolled into one, including caring and nurturing, strength, good looks, competence at pretty much anything, superhuman powers, willing to defend his mate to the death .. you know the sort of thing.

I won't tell him that, huh? ;)

8/29/2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger alise said...

It didn't help our marriage any when I read those damn vampire books. :)

10/06/2008 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home