Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Loving my kindergartner

This evening was a classic good time at our house.

After our usual routine of Anthony not eating the food I made, we decided to play the classic Five Crowns card game.

It all devolved pretty quickly with two of my three children in tears within the first couple rounds and Alexandra quitting and refusing to play within the first five minutes.

The highlight of the evening occurred when Anthony told me a secret -- that he sleeps best when Alexandra lets him sleep on her bed with her. Alexandra heard what he said and I unthinkingly confirmed that yes, that's what Anthony just told me. Oops. I violated the secret.

After some howls of anger and betrayal he stomped over to the dining room table and started writing something. He stomped back with the paper.

It said: "Faker. Mene. Not like." And so he issued me my faker-meanie ticket.

I asked him if I was going to get faker-meanie tickets from now on, and he confirmed that that was so.

Lots to look forward to then. At least he greatly enjoyed the Junie B. Jones book I read him before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home