Madwoman Out of the Attic

a feminist trudging forward in a patriarchal world

Friday, December 29, 2006

Stay At Home Mom

For the last week, I've played the stay at home mom role. Mike goes to work for 8 or 9 hours, and I watch the baby all day during my winter break. I've discovered that it's not all that fun. For the first couple of days it was fun to go out and shop all day, pushing the baby around. But having spent hundreds of dollars frivolously, I've discovered that one can only go shopping a few days in a row without getting bored. And baby gets beastly in the afternoon, so I try fruitlessly to entertain him and keep him happy until Mike gets home. Yesterday at 4 PM I called Mike to ask when he was getting home because I was done.

Makes me think twice about quitting my teaching job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home